Looking for an opportunity to be a Peer Educator? Be a part of the chosen, the dedicated, the skilled team of StressBusters. You'll help other UCR students learn to manage their stress, time, and their workload.
As a StressBuster, You Will:
- Develop skills in various stress management techniques including deep breathing, guided imagery and relaxation
- Learn about stress, its impact on the body, and how to share this information with others
- Learn how to train others about time management and prioritization
- Help others help themselves and find success
- Improve your public speaking skills while giving presentations and workshops in campus offices, classrooms, residence halls and during club meetings
- Make connections with other campus groups and peers through programming and campus events
- Get trained by and work closely with licensed psychologists and mental health professionals in a para-professional role
How Can I Become a StressBuster?
- StressBusters Peer Educators are recruited each Spring quarter
- If you are selected to be a StressBuster, your commitment to the program is for one full academic year, beginning in the fall and ending in the summer
- Qualified candidates will be interviewed during the spring quarter by the StressBusters program coordinator
- Successful candidates will be notified by the end of spring quarter
- To apply, follow the instructions below:
- Go to: https://highlanderlink.ucr.edu/form/start/96962
- Complete Application and Upload Resume
- Click "Next"
- Click "Submit for approval"
What to Expect
- StressBusters are trained in the fall during zero week. Training during this time is mandatory and will take place on Sept. 19th, 20th, and 21st from 8 AM-5 PM. Tuesday the 20th is an all day Power of the Peers Training where you will have a chance to meet with Peers from other programs and organizations.
- StressBusters must commit to volunteer for at least 2 events each qtr
- StressBusters must commit to weekly and/or monthly meetings throughout the academic year in addition to doing presentations, relaxation workshops, and tabling events on campus (typically 2-3 meetings per qtr)
- The deadline to apply is Tuesday April 26th by 5PM. If you have any problems completing or submitting the electronic application, please contact email@example.com for a hard copy or word document of the application.
- For more information, you are welcome to attend the Power of the Peers Recruitment on Tuesday April 5, 2016 from 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. at the Belltower. Refreshments will be provided!