CAPS utilizes a short-term therapy model which focuses on helping you clarify your concerns and work towards the resolution of difficulties.
- Individual counseling sessions are 45 minutes in duration and scheduled with a specific staff clinician
- The frequency and total number of sessions are determined by clinical need and clinic policies.
- Counseling is provided by licensed psychologists, licensed clinical social workers, and licensed marriage and family therapists. Sessions are also provided by advanced unlicensed psychology trainees who work under close supervision of our licensed staff.
- You and your clinician will discuss treatment goals, which may include referrals to SHS psychiatric services or group treatment for comprehensive care.
- Couples counseling is available only if both parties are currently registered UCR students. Students may not receive concurrent individual and couples therapy at CAPS.
- For specialty or a higher level of care, CAPS may coordinate referrals to UC SHIP-Anthem community providers or providers in your private health insurance network.