Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) is a multidisciplinary student mental health center for the UCR campus. CAPS supports the academic and student development missions of the University and the Division of Health, Well-being & Safety.
Services and programs include:
- Individual counseling and psychotherapy, group therapy, and couples counseling
- Referrals for Psychiatric evaluation and treatment
- Crisis consultation and emergency intervention
- Psychoeducational programs and workshops
- An APA Accredited Training Program for mental health professionals at the doctoral level
- Campus mental health and wellness promotion
CAPS is committed to promoting inclusion and the affirmation of individual and cultural diversity. Our services and training foster the development of healthy behaviors necessary for success in a complex global environment.
Service Documentation Requests
Various program on campus require some sort of review or documentation of attendance at CAPS. CAPS clinicians will NOT consider providing such documentation without the appropriate therapeutic relationship which may take several appointment visits to establish (e.g. Study Abroad program). Providing such documentation is at the clinical discretion of the CAPS clinician. Please note CAPS does not provide any Emotional Support Animal Letters.