Fight Stress! Become a Biofeedback Technician
Gain valuable work experience as a biofeedback technician by helping your fellow UCR students learn relaxation techniques in a clinical counseling setting.
What is Biofeedback?
Biofeedback is the use of sensors to gather information on psychophysiological processes within the body related to stress and anxiety, such as skin temperature and heart rate. With biofeedback instruments, you may learn to recognize the relationship between psychological and physiological changes and help train others to control their bodily responses, such as slowing and deepening their breathing.
As a Biofeedback Technician, you will:
- Train clients in multiple relaxation and imagery techniques.
- Gain valuable work experience in a clinical counseling setting.
- Explain the computer generated information gathered by biofeedback sensors.
- Learn and utilize basic counseling skills to build a collaborative working relationship with each client.
Biofeedback technicians are required to attend the Mandatory Biofeedback Training that takes place during zero week. Biofeedback technicians are also required to provide the center with 6-8 hours per week for client appointments and weekly meetings with a supervisor for on-going training. Technicians will also represent Counseling and Psychological Services at tabling events to describe the biofeedback program twice during the school year. Technicians are committed to the program for three consecutive quarters.
Technicians will participate in weekly mandatory group supervision with other technicians and a supervisor to discuss various client issues. Good listening skills are essential. Professionalism and standards of confidentiality are strongly enforced. Most importantly, technicians will learn multiple relaxation and imagery strategies in order to train clients.
For more information, please contact the biofeedback coordinator at email@example.com This position is ONLY for current UCR undergraduate students. To apply,
1. Go to: https://highlanderlink.ucr.edu/form/start/127182
2. Click on "Submissions"
3. Click on "Biofeedback Application 2017/2018"
4. Complete Application and Upload Resume
5. click "Next"
6. Click "Submit for approval"
Application deadline is Friday, May 5, 2017.