Counseling & Psychological Services offers Hybrid options!
Call us at 951-827-5531, option 2 to schedule a virtual or in-person appointment!
No matter what type of crisis you're experiencing, there is help available.
For emergency assistance near campus:
UCR Police & Campus Safety Department — 24/7
Phone: 951-827-5222 from your cell phone; 911 or x25222 from a campus landline
If you are having thoughts about suicide:
988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline (formerly the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline) 24/7
Website/Live Chat: suicidepreventionlifeline.org Dial 988 or 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- The Lifeline provides 24/7, free and confidential support for people in distress, prevention and crisis resources for you or your loved ones, and best practices for professionals.
- chat available online
Nacional de Prevención del Suicidio En Español1-888-628-9454
Options For Deaf + Hard of Hearing 1-800-799-4889
Crisis Text Line 24/7
Text: HOME to 741741 from anywhere in the US, at any time, to chat with a trained Crisis Counselor about anything.
The Trevor Project 24/7
- Trevor Lifeline - 1-866-488-7386
- Trevor Chat available through website: https://www.thetrevorproject.org/get-help-now/
- Trevor Text - confidential and secure resource that provides live help for LGBTQ youth with a trained specialist, over text messages. Text START to 678678.
- Trevor Space - Trevor Space is a social networking site for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer & questioning (LGBTQ) youth under 25 and their friends and allies.
- Trevor Support Center - Trevor Support Center is a place where LGBTQ youth and allies can find answers to FAQs and explore resources related to sexual orientation, gender identity and more! https://www.thetrevorproject.org/resources/trevor-support-center/
Trans Lifeline 24/7
Trans Lifeline is a trans-led organization that connects trans people to the community, support, and resources they need to survive and thrive.
Inland SoCal Crisis Helpline 24/7
Phone: (951)-686-HELP (4357)
Counseling & Psychological Services (CAPS) (Services are currently provided in-person and virtually)
24/7 Phone Consultation and Crisis Assessment: Call 951-827-5531, select Option 1
Schedule a Same-Day In-person or Virtual Walk-In or Consultation with a CAPS therapist during business hours: Call 951-827-5531, select Option 2
If you are experiencing a mental health crisis and want on-campus help:
Counseling & Psychological Services (CAPS)Virtual Walk-in consultation hours are also available weekdays from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 pmPhone: (951) 827-5531 to schedule your Virtual Walk-In Appointment.
Some examples of mental health crises are:
• Thinking about harming yourself or others.
• Serious concern about another student's safety or well-being.
• Inability to function (e.g., get out of bed, eat, shower, etc.).
• Experience with a recent traumatic event.For in-person Walk-in consultation (currently not available):CAPS clinicians are available for brief crisis consultations. Walk-in clients will compete a brief screen form to determine their level of need. Clients will be seen in order of level of crisis/need. Walk-in consultations are NOT therapy appointments, but should be utilized for those experiencing a mental health crisis. Those not in crisis can schedule a phone appointment (typically within 1-3 days).
If you have experienced sexual assault, intimate partner violence or stalking:
Campus Advocacy, Resources & Education (CARE) — 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Phone: (951) 827-6225
National Sexual Assault Hotline — 24/7
Phone: (800) 656-HOPE (4673)
For a quick guide on supporting students in crisis consult the Red Folder.
If this is a life-threatening emergency, call 9-1-1 or go to your nearest hospital emergency room.