Latest CAPS News
NEW SERVICES at CAPS:
CAPS is now offering "Virtual Walk-In" Appointments in addition to regular Intake, Individual and Group Appointments. Call 951-827-5531, Select Option 2 and leave a message requesting a same day "Virtual Walk-In" Appointment. You will receive a call back shortly and we will schedule you for a brief consultation with a CAPS clinician. Please Note: This is NOT a crisis line or a therapy visit.
If you are in crisis and urgently want to speak to a counselor, call Call 951-827-5531, Select Option 1 to speak to a crisis counselor 24 hours a day; For all Life threatening emergencies, call 911 or campus police at 951-827-5222 if on campus.
- Join your CAPS team for our first Virtual Open House Event!
- UCR's Active Minds and CAPS are partnering to offer student Talking Circles- Sign up and join other students struggling with the impact of Covid-19 on your UCR experience.
Immediate Changes to Service Delivery: Effective March 16, 2020
Modality of Services: In an effort to minimize spread of the virus, CAPS has moved to providing support through TeleMental Health only (phone or secure videoconfernencing).
Availability: Due to campus closure staffing restrictions and personal circumstances, a specific provider’s availability may shift quickly and unexpectedly.
Duration: The circumstances are evolving and we will do our best to ensure that we keep our clients and campus up to date as decisions are made regarding service delivery.
- Live Health Online- https://counseling.ucr.edu/what-livehealth-online
- Easy and convenient access. All you need is a smartphone, tablet, laptop or computer with a camera and internet access.
- Zero out of pocket for those with UCSHIP for psychiatry and therapy.
- Short wait times. Most appointments are available within the same week.
- Available to non-UCSHIP insurance plans. Please check to see if your plan has this benefit.
- Self-Help Tools mentalhealth.ucr.edu
- Self Help, self-guided. It may be helpful to think of TAO as an online library of engaging, interactive programs to learn life skills and to help you bounce back from disappointments or stumbling blocks in life. As you watch videos and engage with our interactive components, you will gain the knowledge, self-awareness, and skills you need to achieve your goals.
- Flexible to meet student’s needs. You can complete TAO at your own pace, whether that is just one session a day, or perhaps two whole modules. It is entirely up to you.
- Wide variety to choose from. Using TAO, you will learn from different modules you chose to use! Some of the biggest challenges facing students these days are available; modules on depression, anxiety, anger, stress management and more.
As always, after hour’s crisis/consultation support will continue to be available. You can reach these services by calling CAPS main line 951-827-5531 and selecting option 1 or calling the direct line at 877-211-3684.
Insurance Referral Renewals
Renew your insurance referral by calling CAPS at (951) 827-5531, starting 9/23/19.
Note: If you do not obtain a referral for the new insurance year, starting on or before 9/23/19, your visits may not be reimbursed. CAPS does not have discretion over insurance policies.
Late Arrival Policy (Effective 9/23/19)
- You will be marked a “no-show” if you are 15 minutes late to your scheduled appointment.
- If you are less than 14 minutes late to your scheduled appointment, you will be seen for the remainder of the allotted appointment time.
- If you are late to a specified early-arrival appointment, (e.g., an intake appointment) you may be seen for the remainder of the allotted appointment time. And/or you may be scheduled to return another day to complete that appointment. The decision to be seen for the remainder of the time or to be rescheduled will depend on your arrival time and the clinical judgment of CAPS staff.