Looking for an opportunity to be a Peer Educator? Be a part of the chosen, the dedicated, the skilled team of Stressbusters. You'll help other UCR students learn to manage their stress, time, and their workload.
As a StressBuster, You Will:
- Develop skills in various stress management techniques including deep breathing, guided imagery and relaxation
- Learn about stress, its impact on the body and how to share this information with others
- Learn how to train others about time management and prioritization
- Help others help themselves and find success
- Improve your public speaking skills while giving presentations and workshops in campus offices, classrooms, residence halls and during club meetings
- Make connections with other campus groups and peers through programming and campus events
- Get trained by and work closely with licensed psychologists and mental health professionals in a para-professional role
How Can I Become a Stressbuster?
- StressBusters Peer Educators are recruited each Spring quarter
- If you are accepted as a StressBuster your commitment to the program is for one full academic year, beginning in the Fall and ending in the Summer
- Qualified candidates will be interviewed during the Spring quarter by the StressBusters program coordinator
- Successful candidates will be notified by the end of Spring quarter
- To apply, follow the instructions below:
1. Go to: https://highlanderlink.ucr.edu/form/start/20012
2. Click on "Submissions"
3. Click on "Stressbusters Peer Educators Program Application 2014/2015"
4. Complete Application and Upload Resume
5. click "Next"
6. Click "Submit for approval"
What to Expect
- Stressbusters are trained in the Fall during zero week. Training during this time is mandatory
- StressBusters must commit 6-8 hours per month to peer duties
- Stressbusters must commit to weekly and/or monthly meetings throughout the academic year in addition to doing presentations, relaxation workshops, and tabling events on campus
- The deadline to apply is May 2nd, 2014. If you have any problems completing or submitting the electronic application, please contact email@example.com for a hard copy or word document of the application.
- For more information, you are welcome to attend the Power of the Peers Recruitment on Thursday, April 10, 2014 from 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. at the Belltower. Refreshments will be provided!